Books I've read

Sandra's book montage

The Catcher in the Rye
The Great Gatsby
One Hundred Years of Solitude
Romeo and Juliet
Lord of the Flies
Little Women
A Tale of Two Cities
Frankenstein
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Lovely Bones
The Secret Life of Bees
Under the Tuscan Sun
The Da Vinci Code
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
The Hobbit
The Golden Compass
Pride and Prejudice
The Time Traveler's Wife
Jane Eyre
The Notebook


Sandra's favorite books »
}

Saturday 23 April 2011

Welcome to A Wrinkled Blue Stocking

So, as I'm about to change my life I thought writing a blog would be a good way to try and keep in touch with people, share some stories and, hopefully, hear what some of you are up to.  For anyone who stumbles across this without knowing me, I'm about to give up gainful employment after 22 and a bit years and return to the world of higher education full-time (subject to passing my OU degree).

Why A Wrinkled Blue Stocking?  Well, the wrinkled might apply to the fact I'll be much older than most of the other students I'll be studying with, (twice as old as most of them I suppose) and that no matter how badly I try life has a habit of making me look a little wrinkled.  The blue stocking is a, somewhat pretentious, nod to my return to academia and to be honest I just liked the sound of it.

I'm not a writer although I'd love to be but I hope someone reads this.  I'll certainly be sending the link to enough people!!!

Hope to see you again!

No comments:

Post a Comment